As a teacher, I get to celebrate the new year in January, and again in August when the new school year begins! It's a time to reflect on the past school years and set goals for the new year. It's a time to bond with your students through fun summer stories and learn the names of new students. As we all show off our new hair cuts and get back into the routine of the school year, we are filled with hope for an even better year.
Here are some goals I hope to achieve this school year:
1) Plan terrific projects for my new Art class, and enhance my artistic skills.
2) Add more stories from various cultures to my World Lit class.
3) Help my students reach their reading and writing goals.
1) In January, I planned to read two novels each month, but haven't been able to keep up! I will modify that goal to one novel every one to two months.
2) Plan my wedding from overseas
New Year, New Goals!
Wish me luck!